Historical Park

The 19 acre Historical Park now consists of :
1864 Grist & Cider Mill The antiquated four-story building’s main floor houses a working Water Powered Cider and Grist Mill and a Museum plus a Gift and Antique Shop.  There is a Blacksmith Shop, a Water Powered Machine Shop in its lower Level.  The third floor has been transformed into a quaint and cozy living quarters. The top floor has a lot of old machinery, gears, and pulleys still in that area.
1840’s two story Plank House, the oldest house in Bowens Mills • 1850’s One Room School House, moved to the mill, the oldest one room school house in Barry County
1860’s 11 room Victorian House built by the Bowens
A Post & Beam Barn, home of Belgian Draft Horses
A Quaint Covered Bridge crosses the Old Mill Stream
17 foot Water Wheel completed in 1999
“Ye Ole Craft Shoppe” an artisans woodworking and coopers shop
“Bowens Mills Gathering Place” a huge Arts & Entertainment Center for displays, social events, meetings, conferences, & performances
Log Cabin “Fork River Trappers Trading Post” Completed in 2002

Home